There are many ways to support the mission of God in this place. We are confident that God will provide the resources necessary as He has given every member of the church family enough money, time and skills to contribute their share towards the mission of God on the Taieri.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to consider your giving recently, can we please ask that you do so. Jesus encourages our generosity ” Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38) The need to practice Christian Giving is an essential part of our discipleship, following the God who gave us the most extravagant gift of all – His own son.
It’s easy to assume that all the members of the church family understand the different ways thay can give, but that is not always the case, especially in a church like ours that has a lot of new people.
You may use one or any combination of these forms of giving:
1. Automatic bank transfers: you can set up an automatic transfer from your bank account to the church’s at a frequency that suits you (e.g. fornightly, monthly etc). The bank account is East Taieri Church, Bank of New Zealand 02 0938 0018236 00 (please put you name in the particulars and ‘giving’ in the reference). If your gift is for a specific purpose (e.g. for Community Ministry) please note this in the details section when you set up the payment. At the end of the year you will receive a receipt which you can use to claim a partial refund of your donation from the Inland Revenue Department.
2. Bank transfers and e-banking: as above, transfers can be made routinely, or for a specific one-off purpose.
3. Cash placed in the offering plate each Sunday. Please note if you are making a gift for a specific purpose, or you require a tax receipt you must place these offerings in an envelope with name and address details and details of purpose (if any).
4. Payroll giving: where offered by your employer, Payroll Giving gives you the opportunity to donate to appreved donee organisations (such as East Taieri Church) direct from your pay and receive immediate tax credits that reduce your PAYE payable. You don’t need to wait until the end of the year to claim your tax credit. If your employer offers a payroll giving scheme and you want to join, you need to give your employer the :
- name of donee organisation
- amount of the donation you want to make
- pay period, or periods, you want the donation to be made
- the donee organisation’s bank account or postal address
If your employer’s scheme allows, you can alter the frequency, amount and donee organisations you choose to donate to.
However you choose to give, we thank you for what you have already done and what you will do in the future.